- Lord, our God, Maker God, Forming life at your pleasure,
One by one, Daughter, Son, crafted by God’s own measure.
Destined to live on your vast good earth, Creatures of our planning,
Harmony, Destiny, Population exploding.
- Lord, our God, Maker God, Calling man and to woman,
Come to me, Let them be, Procreators like Adam.
Joined in their love for each one of them, husband, wife together,
Hearts made one. Purpose done. Honor father and mother.
- Lord, our God, Maker God, Patiently forming so clever,
Hands and feet. Smile so sweet. Features placed there forever.
Each one a blessing in his own right. Gifts from God our Father,
Black or white. Large or slight. How some say they’re a bother?
- Lord, our God, Maker God, Rainbow colors are features,
Eyes are blue. Hair so new. Found in His smallest creatures.
Each with a gift from our God alone. Making them so special,
Wonderous love. Precious love. Nothing known to them racial.
- Lord, our God, Maker God, Growth that comes through its mother.
Days and days. As she prays. Her own baby to hover.
Fed by her own food, sustains its life. Nourishment providing,
Tender care. Child to bear. Seeking God’s awesome guiding.
- Lord, our God, Maker God, Now the due-time is nearing,
Birth-pangs real. Cries so shrill. Child in her arms for caring.
Wonders of wonders, a new life born. Gift of God’s own wisdom,
Family grows. Camera poses. Children part of His kingdom.
- Lord, our God, Maker God, Born again is your mandate!
Bring them here. Wash them clear. Form them into a new state.
Heirs of your heaven are they alone. God’s own children ever,
Nourish them. Pray for them. Stay with God, never sever.
- Lord, our God, Maker God, Sadly making confession,
Not all choose, life abuse, man his heartless transgression.
Taking a dear life before its time. Tearing child from safety.
Can this be? Can’t they see? Life is taken from baby.
- Lord, our God, Maker God, How our world has neglected!
Breaking life. Follows strife. Is our nation rejected?
May God have mercy upon us all, for our sin so sickly.
Heal our hearts. Mend our smarts. May God deal with us kindly.
- Lord, our God, Maker God, Sin so great, so deploring,
Give us truth. Not aloof. Anchor faith to its mooring.
Turn we again to God’s pure Word. Life and light pursuing,
Taught, we learn. Words, so stern. Life from Him is assuring.
- Lord, our God, Maker God, Children no longer living,
Dare they fade? Godly made. Light of day never seeing.
Tragedy looming on every side. A world gone mad, so selfish.
Hist’ry writes. Human rights. Hope holds on to its last wish.
- Lord, our God, Maker God, Courts of nation, its highest.
Interpreting laws. Filled with flaws. Roe and Wade not it’s brightest.
Judges sit there to speak the truth. Lives protecting always.
Judge of life. Heal our strife. Turn our people to your ways.
- Lord, our God, Maker God, Here this monument rises.
Infants small. One and all. Never knowing they’re prizes.
Lest we forget now what we have done. Speaking deep contrition.
Cleanse our hearts. Purge our hearts. God will still bless our nation.
- Lord, our God, Maker God, May the Church grasp its mission.
Work to do. Morals, too. Need our own transformation.
Use us O Lord as your sharp tools. Making, molding, building.
Salt and light. Clear and bright. Sword of God’s Spirit wielding.
- Lord, our God, Maker God, All in need of a Savior.
By His love. Through His Dove. Forming standard behavior.
Knowing of God’s love in Jesus Christ. We believe. We trust Him.
We are His, Mister, Ms., Cleansed are people without sin.
- Lord, our God, Maker God, Thus, we come with our praising.
From deep down. Praises sound. Hymns and psalms ever raising.
You are our Lord, our God alone. Worship, honor, glory.
May your name. Stirred by flame. Be our personal story.
- Lord, our God, Maker God, Infants also adore Him.
God the Son. The only One. Who was laid in a feed-bin.
Spirit so holy remain with us. Leading, guiding, blessing.
God be praised. Songs be raised. By His people professing.